Friday, September 2, 2011

Mad Hatter Hat (Burning Man)

I am sure there are many that don't know what Burning Man is, but if you care to check it out, it is a pretty cool experience (or so I have heard). I haven't been there myself but my brothers and Mom & Dad have been going for about the past 10 years or so.  Soooo.....on this year's trip that they just left for a few days ago, I made a few surprise items for my mom to take.  It's all about crazy...the crazier the better...and my mom likes hats, so I decided to make this for her with lots of crazy, bright colors and patterns.  It has ribbon attached to tie under her chin.  (The hat is pretty big, but not big enough to fit her head).  So she can wear it or have it sit on the table outside their RV.  Or maybe it will get traded and passed on to someone else!

The hat & rosette pattern is from SVGAttic and the roses are from SVGCuts from the Summer Blockbuster Kit.  The symbol is the Burning Man logo and was so generously converted into an svg by my fellow DT member, Cheryl.  Thanks Cheryl!!  I did lots of inking and added buttons inside the roses.  I wrapped the brim with light blue tulle and made a bow in the back, adding a button in the middle. This sure was fun to make!










No comments:

Post a Comment