Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Witch Hat Decoration

I was so inspired to make a Witch Hat to add to my Halloween decorations! 

I think it turned out so cute!  The top (pointy) part is just one piece of 12x12 paper and trimmed just a bit at the bottom.  I didn't use a cardboard cone shape inside, I just twisted the paper until I got the shape I wanted and it came out great and pretty sturdy.

The flower, bats and headstone came from SVGCuts from the Elmhurst Hollow SVG Kit.  The stamped sentiment and spider web came from Punkin' Patch Stamps (The Witching Hour & Trick or Treat).

The headstone is embossed using a cuttlebug folder (stamped first!).  Lots of black inking on the edges...I love to ink!  I just used some ribbon I had laying around.  Actually the black "ribbon" is material that I just ripped to make a long strip.  It didn't matter if it was frayed since I wanted it to look creepy.  To the white ribbon, I inked that too with black ink and added greenish/black glitter to the bats.  Came out pretty cute..I think I may need to make some more!






8 comments:

  1. Love your hat. I still ned to make one for my decorations too. Great job, thanks for sharing.
    Janie
    www.janiescraftcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! I'm also in love with your knot on the button. I always think I can make cool knots, but they are not that great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hat is fabulous! I love every single detail!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this hat. I think I'm going to make this as a craft project for my girl scout troop. Great job! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you make the green part that's 'crimped'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just a long strip of paper folded accordion style, the edges inked, and folded/turned into a circle shape, and then glued down.

      Delete