Sunday, June 9, 2013

By The Sea Card

I am really excited to be on the Design Team for Fleurette Bloom now!  For my first project, here is a cute card I made using elements from Fleurette Bloom's newest collection, Ships Ahoy!  


The card is 5"w x 6"h and is on heavy duty clear acetate.  I love how it is see-thru and layered.  


I cut out the pilons, but instead of the included "paper" ropes. I used white twine and wrapped it around the pilons.  Then I lightly inked them with brown ink to add some aging.



For the lifesaver,  I also used some blue & white rope and added more white rope to the back.  It is hung from a small antiqued brad (made to look like a nail). I added a second layer, white ring, to the back to cover up any glue that may show.



The sentiment in the clouds was just printed and then cut into a cloud shape and inked.


I put a large wave on the inside of the card with a white strip at the bottom where a note/sentiment can be written.  The waves are all embossed with the D'Vine Swirl embossing folder.  The waves all have a sparkle and shimmer to them, but it doesn't show up in the pictures.  :(




Lots of layering using foam dots gives the card so much depth.



Don't you just love that cute little starfish hanging from the wood!



This collection is so adorable with all the elements!  Go check out Fleurette Bloom's Ships Ahoyalong with the beautiful digital papers that match!
Thanks for stopping by!
:)  Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment